We all know that pictures speak a thousand words so using them in social media is essential, but you can get bogged down with the usual posts and style of pictures so here are a couple of suggestions to spice things up a bit. Photos get as many as 7 times more likes than just written updates and they get shared about 10 times more than links.
3. Use quotes. Find the best ones online and put them onto your pictures. Or use clever apps that do it for you.
4. Create infographics. These are becoming huge, especially on sites like Scoop-it and Pinterest, so start with simple ideas and try it out. By utilizing graphics to relay a large amount of information, you can enhance the ability to see patterns and trends on the things you really want to show.
6. Make sure all your blogs have at least one pinnable image for Pinterest. The Pin It button is clicked a lot so if you want your content to be seen, make sure enough of it exists.
7. Create an interesting cover picture on your Facebook profile. The rules have changed now so you can have more writing and promo stuff on your cover picture, still not more than 20% I think, so this means you can get a bit more creative.
8. Get up close to the subject. Extreme close up shots add a lot of depth and feeling. Give a new perspective to your shots, not all of them, but some really well thought out ones will work wonders.
9. Spend some time brainstorming on photo content ideas and create and build a library of photos that you can use over the next few weeks or months.